General auditorAlain Bond
The general auditor oversees ethics at the city and ensures that public funds and resources are used in accordance with applicable legislation.
The administration has declared that the general auditor is one of its strategic issues, which extends the jurisdiction of the general auditor’s office into both central departments and the boroughs.
- Promote and ensure ethical behavior as well as compliance with organizational values
- Oversee the existence and effectiveness of controls needed for sound management and use of public funds, public assets and city resources, in compliances with all legislation and administrative guidelines in effect
- Act in an advisory capacity to administrative units and participate in accountability management internally
- Enforce the city’s employee code of conduct (in French).
Priority actions in 2023
- Follow up with business units concerning corrective measures to points of non-compliance involving technical aspects as well as workplace health and safety that were noted during work sites visits for purposes of internal controls
- Offer support to the city clerk and the access to information and protection of personal information committee in applying amendments that were made to the law
- Supporting business units in defining risks and implementing controls for major technological changes to their operations
Thanks for your interest!
You will receive the next edition of our newsletter very soon.