Service des finances
The Service des finances (finance department) plans and oversees all of the city’s financial activities. In particular, it manages municipal taxation.
As the leader of finance duties and guardian of public funds, the department acts in an advisory capacity on strategic, operational and transactional matters in the area of finance according to best governance, management and control practices.
Priority actions in 2023
- Integrate the orientations of the city’s strategic alignment so that actions and support embrace the municipal priorities and values.
- Managing and monitoring a $6.8 billion operating budget and a $22 billion 10-year capital works plan, producing a 2022 accountability report
- Reviewing and updating the city’s financial policies
- Continuing software development to improve better financial decision-making and improved efficiency for all city departments (Simon+, Qlik Sense, decentralized invoice entry, business solution project for debt managements, investments and treasury)
- Continuing work to change the city’s taxation system
- Continuing work on new accounting standards and developing a carbon budget in order to quantify the impacts of climate change
Programs and initiatives
Thanks for your interest!
You will receive the next edition of our newsletter very soon.