Does your property encroach on municipal land? Would you like to expand your garage? In order to rectify an existing situation or execute an expansion project, you can buy a plot of land that belongs to the city.
The city can sell plots or remnants of lots, no matter the type of zoning.
Plots that are eligible for sale must:
- Be of an area that makes them non-buildable
- Not be needed for city projects
- Need to be sold as part of an assembly
Apply to purchase
- Complete the form
- Attach a photo or site plan
- Send your documents to the city’s Service de la stratégie immobilière or your Accès Montréal office.
Municipal and school taxes
In some cases, this transaction could increase property value. Beginning on the date of the notarized deed, the owner is responsible for paying municipal and school taxes for the land that he or she purchased.