Change your business name in the supplier database
Last updated March 16, 2022
Want to change the name of your business in the city’s supplier database? Here is how to do it.
Answer “No” to the First 2 questions on the form (in French):
- Are you a financial or government institution?
- Do you need to register with the city’s supplier database for a one-time transaction, or to obtain a fee, grant, compensation or financial contribution?
Submit the legal documents confirming the name change. If the two companies listed in the Québec enterprise register (old and new name) are still in operation and not related, one of the following documents must be provided:
- Change of name certificate
- Sales contract
- Letter on a letterhead signed by a significant person confirming the change for each company
- Notarized or lawyer-signed document certifying the change
- Check the box “I want to change my company name” and enter the old name and supplier number.
- Check “I don’t have a supplier number. You will be assigned a new number
Click on “start registration” and fill in the form.
Upon receipt of the documents confirming your business name change, the city will make the change in the supplier database and send you a confirmation email.
Change my company name
Submit the legal documents confirming the name change of your company or organization.