Do you live outside of Montréal, but still want to use the services and resources available through the city’s library network? Subscribe. The fees vary according to age group.
In order to subscribe, go to the subscription counter at one of the city’s libraries.
You will receive an individual library card at the time of subscribing.
The card is valid for one year.
The documents required to renew your subscription after one year are the same as those required to subscribe. You will keep the same library card, subscription number and password.
Children ages 13 and under
If you take out a subscription for a child age 13 or under, you must be the child’s parent or guardian. The documents must be in your name.
When you receive your child’s card, you must sign it. You are responsible for the use of the card.
- ages 13 and under (children): $44
- ages 14 to 64 (adults): $88
- ages 65 and over (seniors): $56
Show one form of photo ID from among the following options:
- Birth certificate in French or in English showing your date and place of birth
- Citizenship card
- Permanent resident card
- Québec health insurance card
- Passport in French or in English showing your date and place of birth
- Driver’s license
Show one form of proof of address from among the following options:
- School or municipal tax account
- Bill from a public utility (electricity, telephone, gas or cable provider) that is less than three months old
- Bill from an educational institution that is less than three months old
- Record of Employment Insurance
- Monthly statement from a credit or financial institution that is less than three months old
will become your favourite borough.