This follow-up on the call for applications seeks to fill the position for a resident-member living in the Cecil-P.-Newman electoral district.
LaSalle residents are invited to submit their application to sit on the borough’s new Ecological Transition Committee. Interested parties have until Monday October 9 to fill out and submit the application form.
The Borough of LaSalle is committed to a more rapid ecological transition on its territory, and has made this one of the five major priorities of its 2023-2030 Strategic Plan. In view of the climate emergency and its current and future impacts, the borough wishes to set up an ecological transition committee made up of members with varied expertise adapted to the current context, in order to guide it in making structuring decisions for a faster ecological transition on its territory.The Committee’s main function will be to examine and make recommendations to Borough Council on any request relating to the ecological transition, with the aim of:
- Contributing to the fight against climate change and helping LaSalle’s communities and territory adapt to it
- Encouraging practices aimed at advancing the ecological transition more quickly
- Raising awareness and providing inspiration in order to encourage eco-responsible practices
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with organizations and contributing to their outreach
The Committee will be made up of at least six members with a two-year, renewable term of office, including two Borough Council members, two resident-members, one public service employee and at least one member representing a LaSalle organization. Resident-members will be remunerated on the basis of the number of Committee meetings they attend.
The resident-members selected will have to:
- be available to attend Committee meetings (approximately 5-6 times a year - the meeting schedule will be determined according to members’ availability)
- reside in LaSalle
- demonstrate interest and experience in matters relating to the ecological transition
- have a good knowledge of the French language
- have access to a computer and an email address so that they can be sent documentation
The following qualifications are required:
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- A collaborative nature and ability to communicate own opinions
- Ethics and integrity
- Particular attention will be paid to applicants from a socio-demographic group that is under-represented on the Committee.
Submit your application form
Fill out and submit the application form no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday October 9.
- A selection committee will review the applications and contact the applicants who meet the criteria.
- Selection interviews will take place in October.