Sustainable development, mobility and practices projects: Subsidies for companies
Is your company the owner or tenant of a building? Would your company like to make a contribution to the ecological transition? The city is offering funding for projects that aim to reduce energy consumption or protect the environment.
Companies located in a designated area (in French) can get financial aid through the program to carry out a project that contributes to the ecological transition.
The project must meet one of the following objectives:
- Promote sustainable transportation of merchandise in the Montréal agglomeration.
- Promote the use of active or public transportation.
- Help improve rainwater management.
- Reduce drinking water consumption.
- Reduce heat islands.
- Promote greening or biodiversity.
- Improve waste management.
- Develop circular economy practices.
- Promote reduced energy consumption or energy transfer to renewable energy sources.
- Promote cohabitation between the applicant, populations and neighbouring businesses.
The city is offering financial assistance that corresponds to:
- 50 per cent of the cost of the project, up to a maximum of $1,000,000
- 50 per cent of professional fees, up to a maximum of $125,000 or 12.5 per cent of the cost of the project
The subsidy rate increases to 60% if the applicant is a social economy company or a new business (less than five years old and operating in the building covered by the application) or when the majority of the goods and services rendered come from a social economy company or a new business.
The subsidy may be paid in one or two payments:
- A first payment when 50 per cent of the project is complete.
- A second payment that corresponds to the balance payable once the entire project is complete.
- Be a company or group of companies that own or rent a non-residential building in one of the designated areas.
- Take part in meetings with a design panel established by the city, when required.
- Carry out the project under the supervision of a project with at least five years of experience in analog project management.
A group of companies that wants to carry out a shared project should submit one joint application completed and signed by a designated representative with help from an environmental expert (defined as a person who is a member of a professional order or who holds professional training or experience that is equivalent to training in the field of environmental science, whose expertise is related to the primary objective of a project and whose primary source of income involves this profession.)
Selected projects must get at least a 70 per cent grade on the selection grid (in French). Subsidies will be awarded according to grade, by descending order, until available funds are exhausted. Subsidized projects must be completed by August 1, 2024.
Do you have questions? Complete this form (in French).
To submit your application, please complete and sign the application form (in French) with the help of an environmental expert and attach the following documents:
- Proof of building rental or ownership for each applicant, or, if the application is submitted by a group of companies, for each company.
- The building owner’s agreement if the project involves changes to the building and is submitted by one or more tenants.
- Power of attorney for the representative (if applicable).
- Letters patent (if the applicant or at least one of the applicants is a social economy company).
- Photos of spaces in a building that will be modified as part of the project, if applicable.
- Résumé or portfolio of the project manager demonstrating at least five years of experience managing similar projects.
- A brief attesting to the financial feasibility of the project (if greater than $2,000,000) within the program’s time frame, and taking into account the estimated cost of the project and the financial resources available, written by:
- A consulting firm specializing in financing structures, investment evaluation or economic viability;
- A certified professional accountant;
- An organization qualified to evaluate financing or investment structures or the economic viability of the project.
- Estimations, broken down by function, of project costs and professional fees for planning.
- A service proposal and updated Registre des entreprises du Québec information for each provider if at least 50 per cent of goods and services needed to carry out or plan the project will be sourced from one or more providers that are new businesses or social economy companies.
- The curriculum vitae of the environmental expert.
- If applicable, a document that attests to the fact that the applicant has received a subsidy from the government of Canada or Québec for the same project as well as the amount of the subsidy.
You can submit an application until 5 p.m. September 30, 2022.
Thanks for your interest!
You will receive the next edition of our newsletter very soon.