Montréal offers an environment conducive to the establishment and development of businesses thanks to its network of partners and organizations and to its subsidy programs and support services.
Network of experts
The PME MTL network is an important actor in Montréal’s economic development. It offers private and social economy entrepreneurs a full slate of support services. Entrepreneurs benefit from expertise and the support of advisors at each step in their development.
Guidance and subsidies
Companies across all activity sectors can rely on support from the city and the actors involved in its economic development. Some of these programs and subsidies are offered on a city-wide scale, while others are available only in specific boroughs.
Information and services
Programs and initiatives
- Call for proposals – Support for cultural and creative industries business events
- Call for proposals for NPOs to provide technical support to businesses
- Open Innovation Subsidy Program for start-up companies
- Subsidy to develop collaborative work spaces downtown
- Sustainable development and mobility projects: Subsidies for companies
- Sustainable industrial buildings subsidy
Tips and articles
- “Parcours C3” program: Personalized support for the arts and creative sectors
- “Parcours Développement Durable” : Preparing for the ecological transition
- 2021 economic recovery plan
- Action Plan for an Efficient Network
- Action Plan for Entrepreneurship
- Action Plan for the Economic Development of the Territory
- Flagship programs to stimulate the growth of businesses
- Free support to help 450 small Montréal businesses recover
- Local economic development
- Meeting the challenge of growth with the city’s “Parcours Innovation” program
- Montréal invests in support for businesses
- Open a business or launch a company
- The Cabinet Créatif: A springboard for international growth
will become your favourite borough.