Highlighting Montréal’s economic potential is essential. The city’s action plan is aimed at developing an integrated and sustainable vision of employment zones in order to stimulate the economy while ensuring that residents can maintain their quality of life.
The action plan is part of the 2018-2022 Economic Development Strategy.
In order to better support economic development and guide the required actions, the agglomeration was divided into three economic hubs: One in the west, another in central Montréal, and a third in the eastern part of the city.
- Better support projects designed to highlight the built environment and vacant lots with development potential.
- Improve access to economic hubs, the mobility of residents, and the flow of goods transportation.
- $106.4 million
- Over four years
Areas of implementation
- Establish a development vision and promote the city’s economic hubs on both the local and international levels.
- Support sustainable investment projects within these hubs by focusing on high-potential sectors.
- Improve accessibility within employment hubs, the mobility of residents, and the flow of goods transportation.
These areas include 35 actions.