Design is a driver of economic growth and social transformation. The city wishes to accelerate its integration into municipal practices and develop Montréal’s designer market with five areas of implementation.
This objective is explained in an action plan included in the 2018-2022 Economic Development Strategy.
- Put designers to work.
- Promote design quality.
- Stimulate creativity and innovation.
- $3.8 million
- Over three years
Areas of implementation
- Strategically mainstream design as an economic, urban, cultural and social development driver.
- Develop local and international markets for Montréal designers and strengthen their entrepreneurial skills.
- Contribute to the improvement and efficiency of processes promoting quality in design and architecture.
- Raise awareness of design and architecture among internal and external segments of the public.
- Support Montréal’s commitments as a UNESCO City of Design and lead the Creative Cities Network.
These five areas include 47 actions.