Retail businesses are a leading economic and social engine. This action plan includes sustainable, inclusive and innovative solutions to issues faced by merchants.
This action plan is part of the 2018-2022 Economic Development Strategy. It includes a financial assistance program aimed at helping merchants continue their activities in spite of the disruptions brought about by infrastructure projects.
Objectives of the plan
- Revitalize local retail businesses.
- Improve the quality of the built environment on commercial streets.
- Support retail businesses on commercial streets under construction.
- $74 million
- Over four years
Areas of implementation
- Increase the vitality of commercial streets.
- Improve support mechanisms for business creation and development.
- Adapt municipal policies and infrastructures to changes in business models.
- Provide an effective solution for merchants during construction/repair work.
These four areas of implementation include 33 actions.