Research, university know-how and innovation constitute drivers of economic development. It’s vital that we highlight them and support the development of local talent.
The Action Plan for Knowledge and Talent is set out in the 2018-2022 Economic Development Strategy.
It is aimed at taking action to promote the development of knowledge and the transfer of research findings, and to highlight the presence of the city’s skilled labour.
Objectives of the plan
- Ensure the attraction, retention and training of talent.
- Highlight the value of and commercialize innovations
- $6.6 million
- Over four years
Areas of implementation
- Develop talents and knowledge.
- Propel Montréal as a living lab.
- Enhance Montréal’s reputation as a centre of knowledge and talent.
- Support entrepreneurship in higher-education institutions.
These four areas include 18 actions.