Retail businesses face multiple challenges, including the public health crisis, major urban infrastructure work sites, and technological changes. Together with its partners, the city is offering various forms of guidance and support in an effort to help businesses meet those challenges.
Support for merchants
Learn about the subsidies, emergency assistance and tools that the city makes available to merchants in collaboration with its network of partners.
Guidance and subsidies
The following how-tos, programs and initiatives are specifically designed to support retail businesses. Some are offered on a city-wide scale, while others are available only in specific boroughs.
Information and services
Programs and initiatives
- "Artère en transformation" : Subsidy for businesses
- COVID-19: CDN-NDG provides support for organizations
- Financial assistance program for businesses affected by major construction
- Online sales guidance for merchants
- Renovation subsidy for retail businesses on Rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest
- Renovation subsidy for retail businesses on streets under construction
- Retail business renovation subsidy
- Subsidy for Businesses in Areas Spanned by the Express Bike Network
- Subsidy for universal access to businesses
Tips and articles
- 2021 economic recovery plan
- Action Plan for an Efficient Network
- Action Plan for Commerce
- Action Plan for Social Innovation
- Action Plan for the Economic Development of the Territory
- Delivery platforms : useful solutions for restaurant owners
- Financial assistance for bars and restaurants
- Free support to help 450 small Montréal businesses recover
- Local economic development
- Open a business or launch a company
will become your favourite borough.