Did you know that you can borrow a free pass to visit a Montréal museum using your city library card? The “Borrow a Museum” service lets you visit exhibitions at the Écomusée du fier monde, the Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal or the McCord Stewart Museum.
How to borrow a pass
You can reserve a pass online through the Nelligan catalogue or borrow it in person at the library, either at a self-service station or at the circulation desk. You can get and return the pass at any library in the city’s network.
If you don’t have a library card yet, you can apply online or get one at the library.
You must present the pass at the museum reception counter.
Here are the details about each pass:
- Écomusée du fier monde: Good for two people ages 13 years and older, and two people ages 12 years and under. Admission is free for children ages 6 and under.
- Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal : Good for two people ages 18 and older. Admission is free for people ages 17 and under.
- Musée McCord Stewart: Good for two people ages 13 years and older. Admission is free for children ages 12 and under.
Loan and renewal
- Passes are valid for a three-week period
- Use the pass as often as you like during the loan period
- Each card holder can check out one pass at a time
- The loan can be renewed up to three times
Thanks for your interest!
You will receive the next edition of our newsletter very soon.