The Parc du Mont-Royal is an ideal place to relax and celebrate good times. Find out everything you need to know about organizing an event in the park.
The Parc du Mont-Royal is a unique historic site that must be conserved. Therefore, there are rules to follow when organizing an event. In some cases, you will need authorization from the public events division of the city’s Direction des sports.
Events that do not require authorization
You do not need authorization for an event which fewer than 50 people will attend.
Picnics fall under this category.
Rules for picnics
- You are not allowed to bring furniture or equipment, including tables, chairs, tents or awnings
- You may not have your event catered. Spit roasting is not allowed
- If you would like to have a cookout, you are only allowed to use a charcoal grill in the picnic area of the Lac aux Castors.
- All food and drink must be served in plastic containers
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited outside the picnic area
Events that require authorization
Medium-sized events (50 to 500 people) and large events (500 to 3,000 people) require authorization.
Authorization without street closing
You must get authorization if your event includes the following:
- sound amplification
- sales of promotional items
- alcohol sales and consumption
- special structures such as tents (in authorized areas of the park only)
Authorization with street closing
To close Voie Camillien-Houde, Chemin Remembrance, or both streets, your event must have an added value, such as promoting Montréal locally or internationally. Streets cannot be closed longer than one day.
You will need multiple authorizations from the following city offices and departments:
- Bureau du Mont-Royal
- Division de la gestion des grands parcs et de la nature en ville
- Direction des travaux publics des arrondissements concernés
- Service de police de la Ville de Montréal
- Service de sécurité incendie de Montréal
Renting the Chalet du Mont-Royal
The Chalet du Mont-Royal is a prestigious historic building. Its location and architecture make it a very popular place, and a number of events take place there each year. For which types of events can the chalet be rented?
- Events in which the city and Montréal’s agglomeration council are participating
- Formal or official ceremonies
- One-time events with a provincial, national or international scope such as conferences, convention banquets and cocktail parties, etc. The chalet cannot be rented for weddings, baptisms, graduation dances, etc.
To get authorization for an event or apply to rent the chalet, contact the Bureau des festivals et événements publics: [email protected] or at 514 872-3911.
Please see the following document for more information.
will become your favourite borough.