Cité Elles MTL: An introduction to municipal politics for Montréal women
Last updated January 16, 2023
Reading time: 1 min
Cité Elles MTL is a training program that allows Montréal women to learn the basics, or deepen their knowledge, of municipal politics. Participants interact with elected officials and take part in simulated city council meetings.
Learn how a municipality works
- Develop their interests and skills in municipal politics
- Participate in workshops and hands-on exercises with elected officials and municipal experts
- Take part in a simulated city council meeting and speak as a city councillor or in leadership roles such as party leader or leader of the opposition.
Three days of training will be held at Montréal’s city hall on February 20, March 10 and 11. The fourth day takes place virtually on March 7.
- Be a woman 18 years of age or older
- Reside, study or work on the island of Montréal
- Have an interest in municipal politics and a willingness to get involved
- Be available for the training and simulation days
- Not have previously taken part in Cité Elles MTL.
Particular attention is paid to the composition of cohorts to make them inclusive and representative of the diversity of Montréal women.
For more info and to register
Registration for the 2023 cohort closes on Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.