From a decline in commercial activity to temporary closures, the health crisis has a significant impact on businesses. In the months ahead, merchants will have to adapt to the situation. The city is taking action to support them by offering a series of tools and concrete measures.
Provided by the city through partner organizations, these measures are intended specifically for Montréal merchants.
A temporary subsidy fund
The Fonds de consolidation des activités commerciales offers subsidies of up to $10,000 to support Montréal merchants. Beginning in June, $3M will be available. The eligibility criteria are flexible to ensure that assistance can be provided to as many commercial entrepreneurs as possible. Guidance will also be offered by expert advisors from PME MTL, the support network for Montréal businesses. Learn more
Financial assistance for bars and restaurants
The government of Québec has announced new emergency assistance in the form of loan forgiveness. PME MTL, the city’s business support network, is launching this new measure. Learn more
Financial help for Businesses in Areas Spanned by the Express Bike Network
This program allows businesses in an area spanned by the EBN to receive a subsidy of up to $5,000 per year in order to support them during construction operations.
The subsidy amount is based on the area covered by the establishment:
- Area smaller than or equal to 186 m2: $2,500
- Area larger than 186 m2 but smaller than 464 m2: $3,750
- Area equal to or larger than 464 m2: $5,000
Free guidance to help you go digital
Selling online is more crucial than ever. We offer merchants personalized guidance provided by expert online marketing advisors. Learn more
- The eligibility period for PRAM-Commerce, PRAM-Artère en chantier and PRAM – Sainte-Catherine (in French) has been postponed indefinitely. A new period will be determined when economic conditions are favourable.
- An extension of 12 additional months for eligible work to be carried out has been granted for all applicants whose application was declared eligible over the past two years.
- At present, we are not accepting new eligibility applications in designated areas where these programs apply.
- All requests for subsidy payments as part of these three programs are being accepted and processed.
Special measures for the pre-holiday season
To support merchants during the holidays and offer shoppers a pleasant experience, six new measures and a $6 million budget have been implemented. Learn more
Didn’t find the information you were looking for?
Contact us during opening business hours Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at 514 394-1793.
Businesses can submit their questions by completing an online questionnaire. An economic development advisor from the city will respond as soon as possible.
To follow us, subscribe to the Montréal économique en bref newsletter (in French only).