Did you receive a statement of offence that you would like to pay in instalments? Find out how to apply for a payment agreement with Montréal’s municipal court.
You can pay a statement of offence in several instalments if you have a payment agreement.
To get a payment agreement, you must:
- Plead guilty or have been found guilty of the offence, meaning that you received a notice of judgment.
- Make an initial deposit of 10 per cent of the amount due. However, if you did not comply with the terms of a previous agreement, an additional amount will be charged.
The amount of your instalments will be based on an evaluation of your financial situation.
Fees apply to enter your plea (see Tariff of Court Costs in Penal Matters).
Was your driver’s license suspended for failure to pay? To have it reinstated, you must pay all statements of offence related to the suspension.
Apply for a payment agreement
Visit a point of service with the completed and signed forms found below. The forms are also available on site.
Be sure to bring photo ID with you.
Cour municipale de la Ville de Montréal
Montréal, QC H3C 4Y2
Methods of payment
- Postal money order payable to “Ville de Montréal”
- Cheque payable to “Ville de Montréal”
Make sure your payment plan application includes:
- Request for information form
- Your guilty plea, if needed
- Your deposit payment