Do you live outside of Montréal and want to cancel your library subscription? If you paid for your subscription, a reimbursement is possible under certain conditions.
You can cancel your subscription at any time by going to the service counter at one of the libraries in Montréal’s 19 boroughs.
If your subscription was free of charge
Simply advise your library that you wish to cancel your subscription.
You could have subscribed free of charge in the following cases:
- You own property in Montréal.
- You study at an educational institution in Montréal.
- You are an employee of the city.
If your subscription was paid
Two cases are possible:
- If you are still living outside of Montréal at the time of cancellation: no reimbursement.
- If you moved to Montréal in the past nine months: partial reimbursement of subscription fees.
Period of residence in Montréal since the payment of the subscription
Less than three months
Between three and six months
Between six and nine months
The subscription is automatically cancelled if you don’t renew it by the appointed renewal date.
Show one form of photo ID from among the following options:
- Birth certificate in French or in English showing your date and place of birth
- Citizenship card
- Permanent resident card
- Québec health insurance card
- Passport in French or in English showing your date and place of birth
- Driver’s license
Show one form of proof of address from among the following options:
- School or municipal tax account
- Bill from a public utility (electricity, telephone, gas or cable provider) that is less than three months old
- Bill from an educational institution that is less than three months old
- Driver’s license
- Monthly statement from a credit or financial institution that is less than three months old
Cancel your subscription
will become your favourite borough.