The natural elevation of Mount Royal Park is conducive to cross country skiing. Its 16 km of slopes are suitable for beginner and intermediate skiers. Equipment can be rented on site.
Smith House and Beaver Lake are starting points for cross country skiers. The slopes, which are groomed daily, overlook landscapes that are sometimes wooded and sometimes open. On the slopes, you can ski skate style (4 km) or alternative style (12 km).
Trails have been re-routed in order to develop and preserve the swamp area. Preparatory work, which will continue until October 2024, aims to protect this ecologically significant wetland and ensure skiers’ safety.
Learn more about work operations in the park.
Work in progress - tree felling
Tree-felling operations are underway to limit the damage caused by the emerald ash borer.
- Period: January to beginning of March 2024
- Work schedule: Monday to Thursday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Skiers do not have access to areas of the park where logging is taking place.
- The trails will be open on weekends.
- The trails in the area may not have been groomed.
Learn more about the fight against the emerald ash borer.
- Parking ($)
Activities by registration
View classes and activities by registration that are offered in this place: