The inter-library loan service with libraries outside of Montréal’s library network lets users have a book or a document delivered by another organization. This service is offered free of charge to all library subscribers.
The inter-library loan service gives users access to documents not available within Montréal’s library network. You must submit a request to your library staff, who will take charge of forwarding it to the city’s partner libraries.
People who submit a request must be 14 years of age or older and must hold a subscription in good standing.
Maximum number of documents borrowed
Three documents at a time
The loan period can vary, based on the policy of the lending library.
Subscribers can renew a loan with the authorization of the library holding the document in question.
Documents not available for loan
- New arrivals: documents published during the year in progress and during the previous year
- Audiovisual documents: CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray, video games
- Reference books: dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc.
- Journals and periodicals in their original format
- Society games
- Discussion kits
- Documents that hold historical or heritage value
- Electronic documents
Thanks for your interest!
You will receive the next edition of our newsletter very soon.