To play your favourite sport safely, you must develop good habits. Here are the directives to follow on Montréal’s outdoor tennis courts.
As tennis courts gradually reopen in Montréal, it is important to remember the best practices to adopt.
Physical distancing rules
Players must comply with the following directives:
- Keep a 2 metre distance from others at all times
- Wash their hands frequently
- Wear a face covering (recommended but not mandatory)
- Observe the signs on the tennis court
- Use their own, marked tennis balls
- Yield the court immediately following their reserved period during busy times
- Bring a water bottle and alcohol-based solution, as washrooms and drinking fountains openings are in progress
- A reservation gives access to a court for maximum amount of time
- Players must yield the court at the end of their reserved time period, unless there are no other players on the waiting list
Tennis shoes are mandatory on clay courts and recommended on all other courts.