You’re trimming your leafy trees? Here’s how to dispose of tree branches and tree trunks responsibly.
Request a pick-up by calling 311 and we will come to shred and pick up your branches and tree trunks at your home.
This collection is available to individuals, small businesses, non-profit organizations or religious institutions. Branches from Hydro-Quebec’s tree trimming (not tree-cutting) operations on private property are accepted. This collection does not apply to private tree maintenance contracts.
April 8 – December 2, 2021, on Thursdays
- Tree branches and leafy tree trunks up to 20 cm (8 inches) in diameter and 1.83 metres (6 feet) in length
- Place your branches in piles, uncut and untied.
- Put out 4 m3 (equivalent to 4 bundles) of branches per collection, lined up with the cut end facing the street.
- Branches and trunks contaminated by other materials
- Tree stumps. These must be brought to an ecocentre or be picked up by a private contractor.
- Tied bundles
- Branches and leafy tree trunks over 20 cm in diameter
- Branches and leafy tree trunks resulting from tree-cutting operations
- Twigs and evergreen trees (fir and cedar hedges, etc.)
- Vine branches
- Fruit trees
- Rose bushes
When to put out branches for pick-up
Anytime after 6 p.m. the day before the collection
How to place branches at the curb
- In front of the address, at the curb, away from other green waste and household waste
- Under no circumstances should branches be placed in the alley.
- Branches must not interfere with traffic on the sidewalk.
For this collection, a request must be made by calling 311.