The city’s 2021-2023 Master Plan for Employment Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) contains tangible measures to promote hiring and inclusion.
This new strategy, inspired by the intercultural and anti-racist approach recommended by the Conseil interculturel de Montréal, sets three interrelated priorities:
- Recognize and value diversity
- Develop an inclusive culture
- Strengthen communication and consultation
The 2021-2023 Master Plan includes 26 mobilizing projects with indicators of success.
New and innovative actions
Montréal intends to undertake the following new and innovative actions:
- Implement an inclusive talent strategy that aims to accelerate access and diversification in management roles
- Introduce an attraction strategy at the SPVM
- Put in place a diversity, equity and inclusion training track
- Develop an integration program for new managers.
- Form an advisory committee of staff members who have been educated about diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Value the diverse backgrounds of staff members.
- Carry out a systemic discrimination watch and integrate gender and intersectional analysis.
The 2021-2023 Master Plan is part of the Montréal 2030 Citywide Strategic Plan and the city’s commitment to implement concrete measures to protect and respect human rights and to combat all forms of racism and systemic discrimination.