Make a difference with residents and join our team. Choose the position that meets your aspirations from among more than 2,000 types of jobs. In addition to offering advantageous working conditions, the city lets you imagine different potential career paths.
Five avantages of applying for a job at the city
1. Exert an impact on thousands of people
Your contribution significantly improves the quality of life of residents through the optimization and addition of services, thereby making Montreal an increasingly attractive place to live.
2. Significant challenges
Play a part in Montréal’s development and unique character. Put your knowledge and know-how to work on a multitude of projects in various areas and contribute to your city’s vitality.
3. Competitive working conditions and salaries
You will benefit from a host of advantages:
- Holidays and vacations for personal and professional fulfilment
- Generous pension plan with defined benefits
- Group insurance for you and your family
- Employee assistance program
- Offers and discounts on various activities and subscriptions, including sustainable transport (OPUS and BIXI)
- Supplement for maternity and adoption leave, in addition to parental leave
4. Work-life balance
To complement the numerous leaves and vacation days, many jobs include work-life balance measures:
- 35-hour work week
- Flexible schedule
The city supports the health and well-being of its staff, thereby promoting the quality of services offered to Montréal residents. The adoption of a work-life balance policy in August 2023 reflects the city’s efforts to listen to its employees and meet their needs.
5. Career development
At the city, you will have:
- The opportunity to develop your competencies through various projects.
- Access to a team of experts and training activities.
- Opportunities to broaden your professional horizons.
Join the 28,000-strong employees of the city.
An employer of choice
This award, presented by Mediacorp Canada, recognizes the organization’s leadership in its field and its commitment to providing a fulfilling work environment. It is a testament to the city’s commitment to providing competitive salaries and attractive benefits, as well as promoting work-life balance.
A well-liked employer
2022 Platinum Parity
For the third consecutive year has received the highest distinction awarded by Women in Governance, recognizing its efforts to attain gender parity and diversity in the workplace.