In Montréal, dog parks are the only public spaces where your dog is allowed to run free. Montréal is home to more than 50 dog parks open year-round, in every borough. Here is everything you need to know.
A dog park is a fenced-in space where dogs can run free. There are more than 50 such parks in Montréal. These dog parks are reserved for dogs and their guardians.
All dog parks are closed until further notice.
Consult the map of dog parks.
Guidelines to follow
- It is prohibited to bring more than two dogs at a time to a dog park.
- Keep your dog on a leash until you are inside the dog park.
- You are required to supervise and control your dog, both outside and inside the dog park.
- Your dog must be wearing his or her tag.
- Immediately pick up your dog’s droppings and place them in a trash can.
- Make sure your dog does not disturb the peace in the surrounding neighbourhood, for example by howling.
- You are strongly advised to ensure that a dog visiting a dog park is vaccinated and receives the proper treatment against parasites.
- Dangerous or sick dogs as well as female dogs in heat are prohibited in dog parks.
- Do not feed your dog in a dog park.
- Do not consume food or alcohol in a dog park.
- Do not use a dog toy in the presence of dogs other than your own: doing so may lead to competition or aggression.
- Dog park users are required to take care of snow removal.
- Dog parks are not recommended for children under 12, even if they are accompanied by an adult.
will become your favourite borough.