Were you ticketed for a parking, traffic, cleanliness or pet-related offence? Here’s how you can pay your statement of offence.
You have 30 days to pay a statement of offence. After the due date, late fees will apply.
Who can pay?
You can pay a statement of offence:
- If your name appears on the statement.
- If you are the owner or long-term leaser of the vehicle identified on the statement of offence (in the case of a parking or traffic infraction).
Transmission of the guilty plea
Before paying, you must complete the plea section attached to the statement (except if you pay online).
The party charged is responsible for transmitting a plea.
You have 30 days to pay a statement of offence, from the date of the statement.
You can pay your statement of offence if the deadline has passed, but late fees will apply.
You cannot pay a statement of offence if the deadline column reads “non-payable.”
In order to extend the deadline, please contact the Municipal court directly.
How to pay
- If the infraction relates to:
- If Montréal or a reconstituted city is the prosecuting authority (Baie-D’Urfé, Beaconsfield, Côte Saint-Luc, Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Dorval, Hampstead, Kirkland, L’Île-Dorval, Mont-Royal, Montréal-Est, Montréal-Ouest, Pointe-Claire, Sainte-Anne de Bellevue, Senneville, Westmount).
- If the infraction was committed in the agglomeration of Montréal, that’s to say any of its 19 boroughs or in one of the reconstituted cities.
Online payment is not designed for businesses or organizations with a fleet of commercial or utility vehicles. Each statement of offence is processed individually.
In person or by postal mail
You can pay the following four infractions:
- Pet behaviour
Methods of payment
Pay your parking or traffic ticket with no additional fees. You are not required to send the reply form attached to the statement of offence.
Attention: You cannot pay a statement of offence related to cleanliness or the behaviour of a pet.
- Credit card (MasterCard, Visa)
Prepaid cards are not accepted.
Service des finances de la Ville de Montréal
Montréal, QC H3C 4Y1
Methods of payment
- Postal money order payable to “Ville de Montréal”
- Cheque payable to “Ville de Montréal”
Send the reply form (attached to your statement) and payment.
will become your favourite borough.