Have you heard people talking about biodiversity and want to know more? Would you like to know how you can do your part? Find out more about biodiversity in the heart of the city.
On a global scale, the preservation of biodiversity is a major concern for a number of large cities. Montréal, in addition to hosting the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and being one of the signers of this convention, is working at many different levels to protect ecosystems, promote nature in the city and encourage residents to take part in local initiatives.
Learn more about the topic
Programs and initiatives
Tips and articles
- 12 rare animals, plants and trees to discover in our parks
- COP15: Initiatives to Preserve Biodiversity in LaSalle
- Environment: Awareness squads in action all summer
- Mini-Forests in Verdun
- Montréal Pledge: Call for COP15 launched to world’s cities
- Pollinator protection plan: 2022-2027 objective
- Preserving biodiversity: a collective approach
- Six concrete actions in favour of biodiversity in Montréal
- The Parc du Mont-Royal to be endowed with new biodiversity spaces
- The western portion of L’Île-Bizard: An area protected for its biodiversity
- Urban Agriculture Strategy: Adapting to climate change