Would you like to give a second life to items that are still usable? Do you need to get rid of construction materials or products that are hazardous to people’s health or the environment? Ecocentres can take them.
Ecocentres are sites where unwanted items can be recovered and reused. They are located throughout Montréal.
Recycle and reuse
You can dispose of many items and waste materials in ecocentres.
Recyclable items and hazardous waste
- Construction debris (boards, metal, etc.)
- Yard waste (branches, leaves, etc.)
- Household hazardous waste (solvents, paint, used oil, etc.)
- Bulky items (sofas, furniture, kitchen appliances, etc.)
To learn who can access ecocentres and for details about accepted materials, current fees and wait times, view our service, below.
You can also take gently used items to an ecocentre, as long as they are in good condition.
- Books, DVDs, records and CDs
- Clothing and house linens
- Furniture and decorative items
- Games and toys
- Garden equipment
- Manual tools
- Musical instruments (except for big instruments like pianos and organs)
- Small electrical appliances (irons, toasters, electric kettles, etc.)
- Sports equipment
After they are donated, items are taken to the company that manages Montréal’s repurposing centres.