An excavation permit is required to carry out certain work operations on private or public property. If the work concerns water or sewer services, a cutting permit is required. Find out which permit to apply for, depending on the situation.
This permit is required to:
- Replace or waterproof a foundation.
- Install or replace a French drain.
- Install pilings.
- Decontaminate a lot.
- Construct a new building.
- Remove a buried oil tank.
This permit is required for water and sewer connection work:
- Water and sewer connections on private property (repairs).
- Change or replace a connection.
- Disconnect a water or sewer connection (disjunction and walling).
- Install a sprinkler.
- Install new water and sewer connections (existing or new building).
These two types of permit allow you to carry out work on private property and on the public portion.