Wearing a face covering is required for everyone over age 10
Du Boisé library is located near the woods in parc Marcel-Laurin.
Since July 27, while complying with the social distancing requirement of 2 metres and wearing a face covering, the public has free access to library documents, computers and furniture. A maximum of 50 people at a time are permitted in each of the libraries. In order to allow the greatest number of people to enjoy the facilities, it is therefore preferable to plan short visits. In addition, families have to stay together.
Library documents may be reserved on site, online through the catalogue or by phone at 514 855-6130. Computer workstations may be reserved on site or by phone, for a maximum period of 2 hours per day, twice a week.
And lastly, to become a member of the library, proof of identity and recent proof of address will be required.
Sanitary measures are in place for everyone’s safety.
The Bibliothèque du Boisé in Saint-Laurent is close to the wooded section of Parc Marcel-Laurin, a site which heavily influenced the design of the building in terms of harmonizing with the surrounding natural environment. The modern building with 4,286 square meters of floor space and the latest technology provides ample space for a variety of activities designed to promote interaction among citizens. The branch has an exhibit hall and a museum collection, which only add to its cultural and heritage presence in the borough.
- Wi-Fi Internet access
- Computer workstations with Internet access and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Loan of tablet computers (for use inside the library only)
- Loan of CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays and video games for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii and Wii U games
- Inter-library loans within the Réseau des bibliothèques publiques de Montréal
- Email reminders of due dates for library loans
- Five workrooms (upon reservation)
- Library loans delivered to the homes of people with reduced mobility: 514 855-6130, ext. 4754
- Wheelchair loan
Rental of rooms
The Bibliothèque du Boisé makes multi-purpose and meeting rooms available to residents, organizations and companies. For information on rates and reservation procedures: 514 855-6110, ext. 4926 or 4707.