The Service du développement économique guides and supports Montréal businesses as they grow. It collaborates with partners in the business ecosystem to accelerate Montréal’s economy through a sustainable, innovative and inclusive approach.
To make Montréal a leader in the field of economic development through innovation, talent and entrepreneurial development that is social, sustainable and international.
Our action areas
Montréal has assembled a team of experts in commerce, entrepreneurship, real estate, economic land development, international affairs, social economy, strategic partnerships, economic intelligence and design.
Funding of projects and companies
Through its programs and calls for proposals, the municipal administration supports the Montréal economy by granting funding to companies and non-profit organizations seeking to implement a project.
- PME MTL funding
- Sustainable development and mobility projects: Subsidies for companies
- Support for renovations for buildings that house artists’ studios
- Subsidy for universal access to retail businesses
- Subsidy to rehabilitate contaminated sites
- Subsidy to rehabilitated contaminated sites in eastern Montréal
Plans and strategies
Tools and resources
Programs and initiatives
- Renovation grant for commercial buildings and spaces
- Subsidy for buildings occupied by social economy businesses
- Financial assistance: businesses in areas affected by major construction work
- Flat-rate subsidy for businesses in areas affected by major construction
- Call for applications for innovative start-ups: Web Summit 2023
Thanks for your interest!
You will receive the next edition of our newsletter very soon.